Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do at WFO. From sorting
donations and providing administrative support in the office to
organizing events and providing exceptional service styling clients,
volunteers are involved in every aspect of the organization. Volunteer orientations are scheduled frequently in both our Oakland and Concord boutiques to accommodate the varied schedules of prospective supporters. It is mandatory that all new volunteers attend an orientation prior to getting started. To be invited to the next orientation session or for any additional information, contact LeAnne McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities:
- Professional Image Coach/Stylist: Send our clients off to their interviews prepared! Nearly 2,000 clients will come to WFO for assistance with their professional image. Clients get one-on-one attention from volunteers on professional style.
- Data Entry: Are you a wiz on the computer? We're looking for someone with great data entry skills (Salesforce knowledge preferred, but we are willing to train).
- Program Evaluator: Join a team to contact clients to keep track of their progress and build awareness of additional advancement programs.
- Boutique Volunteer: Sort through clothing donations to find the perfect outfits for our client to wear and maintain WFO's boutiques to make sure our clients feel respected.
- Special Events: Join a committee to plan our fundraising events!
- Corporate Opportunities: Corporate group volunteering is a great way to give back to your community while interacting on a different level with your colleagues. Participate in a Mock-Interview and Resume Review Workshop or give a presentation on an area of your expertise (i.e., money management, networking, general interviewing). Groups are welcomed to utilize the experience as a uniquely philanthropic team-building activity. For corporate opportunities, please contact Hank Ramirez at email@example.com or 510.463.4100 x215.